Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 11

Today we got up early and headed up to the Cu Chi tunnels. It was pretty cool to see the tunnels. I know I never would've been able to survive in the tunnels, main reason is because I'm way to big. We were able to crawl through one of the tunnels and it wasn't comfortable at all. At one point it was pitch black and got really narrow. After the tunnels we took a long bus ride up to a temple. I forget the name of it but it was nice to see. We got there just in time to see them start a ceremony or what ever it was that they were doing. Wish we could've stayed longer but we have to stick with our agenda. I was at least able to catch up on some sleep on the way back.

Got back to the hotel and chilled for about 20 minutes before we again headed out with the UEF students. Our first stop was at the Ben Thanh market again. I finally picked up the Non La that I wanted. After the market we went to look for some shirts before dinner. I forget what the place that we went to for dinner was called but it was really good. Nino got the ostrich and let me try it. I'll add that to the list of unusual things I've eaten on this trip. It upsetting that tomorrow is our last day here, hopefully we can make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment