Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 4

Today started off the same as every other day, waking up early and having breakfast in the hotel. Had our first history class today, found it pretty interesting. Learned about the origins of the Vietnamese and the regions they live in. Finding out they held off Genghis Khan's army is really impressive. Had another language class right after. I feel like all of our language skills are really coming together. All of our pronunciations of the tones are improving and everyone is saying we are way better than last years class.

The rest of the day was all a big surprise. They kept us waiting at the school after lunch for some time of ceremony but wouldn't tell us what was going on. We ended up splitting up into groups with the UEF students and competed with the others for prizes. The activities included games, dancing and even catching a pig. I found some to be kind of awkward but I had a really good time and I got to meet a bunch of new students.

The students took us out to dinner yet again (They are some of the nicest people I ever met). The took us to try Pho for the first time. I liked at and it filled me up fast. After we ate they took us on a tour of Ho Chi Minh on there motorbikes. They took us around the city for around an hour and we all had a really good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment