Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 12: Final day in Ho Chi Minh

Title says it, today was our last day in Vietnam. We headed to UEF to take our oral exam for Vietnamese language. I got a perfect 10 out of 10 on it, which I guess makes me fluent on greeting people. After lunch we played the UEF students in a game of soccer. It was so hot but still so much fun, we even had a crowd forming outside the fence. We ended up winning the game 3-2. Sweaty and victorious, we headed back to the hotel to begin packing up. At 7:30 we went down on a boat for dinner on the Saigon river. I had a great time and got a good last impression of Ho Chi Minh city. Afterwards, we spent the night with the UEF students in our hotel. I could just feel it in the room that everyone was dreading the next few hours. They stayed with us all night and surprised us with gifts out of nowhere. I really enjoyed them being there with us. They left a little earlier than us and met us at the airport. Definitely one of the saddest moments of my life. Hugging them and saying our final goodbyes was definitely the hardest part of the trip. I never expected to actually make friends on this trip. They were some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life and I hope to see them all soon again one day. This flight home is going to be a long one. I'm currently sitting in Hong Kong's airport typing this, and still considering it to still be my last day since I haven't slept yet. Hopefully I can catch up on my sleep on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment